So this Easter we had dinner here at my house. Brandon's family drove here from all over Florida, it was wonderful to see them. My family that is here in Florida joined in on the fun, it was great. Well about a week ago my mother in law asked me if it would be okay to invite her cousin that she hasn't seen in many years who lives here in Clermont. Of course I said it was okay. I thought that it would only be one more person, what's the big deal. Well we were sitting down to get ready to eat and I saw a family dressed in church clothes walking to my door. I thought someone was lost. We opened the door and Debbie, my mother in law greeted them with an excited hello. It was her cousin and his family. As he and his wife and 4 children joined the crowd (making the total number of people in my little house about 25) Caleb came out of his bedroom and looked to see who was here. He ran over and gave one of the daughters a big hug. We all knew that he was an outgoing child, but not this outgoing. Then I realized that I recognized her too. He ran over to me and said with the biggest excitement, "Ms. Kalinda is at my house!" It turns out that Ms. Kalinda is one of his teachers at his pre-school he attended and now his before and after care, a school called Our House. He and Kalinda have known eachother since August last year. Was he excited to hear that he and Ms. Kalinda are 5th cousins!! It turns out that they are in the Clermont ward that meets in the same building as we are. Now I have a babysitter, and she's family. It really is a small world after all.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
It's a small world after all!
So this Easter we had dinner here at my house. Brandon's family drove here from all over Florida, it was wonderful to see them. My family that is here in Florida joined in on the fun, it was great. Well about a week ago my mother in law asked me if it would be okay to invite her cousin that she hasn't seen in many years who lives here in Clermont. Of course I said it was okay. I thought that it would only be one more person, what's the big deal. Well we were sitting down to get ready to eat and I saw a family dressed in church clothes walking to my door. I thought someone was lost. We opened the door and Debbie, my mother in law greeted them with an excited hello. It was her cousin and his family. As he and his wife and 4 children joined the crowd (making the total number of people in my little house about 25) Caleb came out of his bedroom and looked to see who was here. He ran over and gave one of the daughters a big hug. We all knew that he was an outgoing child, but not this outgoing. Then I realized that I recognized her too. He ran over to me and said with the biggest excitement, "Ms. Kalinda is at my house!" It turns out that Ms. Kalinda is one of his teachers at his pre-school he attended and now his before and after care, a school called Our House. He and Kalinda have known eachother since August last year. Was he excited to hear that he and Ms. Kalinda are 5th cousins!! It turns out that they are in the Clermont ward that meets in the same building as we are. Now I have a babysitter, and she's family. It really is a small world after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brandon and Sarah
I am loved!
Caleb Nathaniel
6 years old
Devin Garrett
3 years old
2 comments:
What a good story!
And way to copy my blog background!
I just realized that you totally copied my template - POSER! Thats okay I love you - can I be your 5th cousin removed too?
Post a Comment